Tuesday, August 19, 2014

2706 - AARRRGGGGGHHHH - Ferguson


Short bitch post.

So there I was watching 'Under the Dome' with Claudia. Not the greatest TV show, but enough to keep my interest. It's on from 9 - 10 pm central, right before the news.

And as typical TV plots go, it was holding to the norm. A build up to the final tense moment right before the end. Then what happens at 9:50? Our local CBS station cuts to the Ferguson nightly stand off!

And what horrible things are happening that needed immediate coverage? The police were standing in a line looking at demonstrators standing in a bunch. Then what happened for the next ten minutes? Absolutely NOTHING!

I've seen so much TV coverage of police marching 2 blocks over a two hour period that I'm become numb to the situation.

And listening to the news people trying to think of things to say about nothing happening can drive you nuts. Then someone might throw a bottle at the police and you would think a nuclear bomb had gone off by the reaction of the news people.

And that's what happened to me last night. When I realized that we weren't going to get to see the end of the show, off went the TV. I can just take so much viewing of police and demonstrators staring at each other.


4 comments:

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

I know this is horrific but I'm numb and disgusted! I turn on TV in the a.m. to see the weather, my team scores, and it's all the same stuff. So music goes on and I escape into my little peaceful world. Is that wrong? Perhaps. But I am weary of all of this hate!

eViL pOp TaRt said...

It's one thing if some real news is happening, but that is ridiculous!

I'm With Stupid said...

They like to cut in right before Final Jeopardy to let me know it's raining somewhere in Missouri too. Local TV stations are so rude!

Jay

Grand Crapaud said...

If they cut away from a television program, there should always be some newsworthy reason for doing so. What you describe is a non-news event.