Friday, May 29, 2015

2989 - Marbles


Hmmmmmm. What to do in retirement..... HEY! Marbles! Yea that's it, marbles.



I think the name of the company that makes these blocks is Cuboro. There are all kinds of marble runs. The ones from cuboro (according to a comment) cost $10 a block. Think about that and look back at the video you just watched. (you did watch the whole video, right?)

I can't wait to get started on my new hobby. Right after I go back to work. Let's see, at $7.25 an hour, $10 a block, I should be able to recreate that set up in 5, 6, maybe 7 ..... years. Maybe.

Or, I could be like this guy. This looks semi inexpensive. And he really likes it.




5 comments:

eViL pOp TaRt said...

At least he's not wearing a Viking hat and hanging out in strip clubs.

Linda Kay said...

My hubby has jars of marbles, many of which were his dads, and among those are steelies, which are pretty unusual. All the colors of the rainbow in these.

Anemone said...

Those were mesmerizing, and fun!

Cherdo said...

The town I lived in in WV (Ravenswood) was famous for marbles made at a factory there - I think it was in the 40s or 50s. My grandmother worked there for a while.

Why does this guy's mom seem so "okay" with his playing marbles for 8 hours a day? That is the most amazing thing of all. I must be a tyrant.

Anonymous said...

Quite interesting. I think the addiction just may have gone a wee bit too far!


~allenwoodhaven