Tuesday, July 28, 2015

3049 - Blogger stuff


Maybe some of you have noticed a change recently on Blogger. It seems that the option to 'always' have links in your blog open a new page is now gone. I usually check the links I post to make sure I didn't typo something and send people to the wrong place.

I was doing that the other day and I noticed the link opening in the same window. Wait, what the ... heck. What's going on? Did the option get turned off? So I went to the settings and looked for the option to turn it back on. It's not there anymore! (if it ever was) WTF!

I like the open a new window option because if you're like me you can start link hopping and get lost. At least if a different window opened you still have your original URL sitting there.

So what to do. Well the old option is still there. But you have to click it every time.


See the 'open this link in a new window'? Well it's been unchecked for I don't know how many posts into the past.

And you know what happened when I posted the link so I could take a picture of it for this post? It was already checked like it was supposed to be. WTF!!! TWICE!


6 comments:

Elvis Wearing a Bra on His Head said...

Another improvement to confuse things.

Kristen Drittsekkdatter said...

They're always making changes it seems.

John A Hill said...

Thanks for the heads up!

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

thanks for the info. I will now have to be sure this is checked!

I came back to the office today and have a link issue. All links to click make me download them. I don't want to download - I want to go to this site. It's been a real Monday today and it's Tuesday!

Big Sky Heidi said...

I'll pay attention to this from now on.

Cherdo said...

Blogger is out to get me. You've probably heard me complaining about posts that don't appear in the reading list...arghhhh.