Friday, October 28, 2016

3489 - Music lesson


So I was looking up "Why does some music give you the chills". Seems a lot of people have investigated this. The most readable articles I found were A Mental Floss article and a Smithsonian article.

A much more psychological article that can have you looking up word definitions for awhile is HERE. But that's where I saw the term appoggiatura.

For some reason appoggiatura caught my attention and extended my research time. It lead me to a video lesson on what an appoggiatura is and how it sounds. For your music lesson of the day, hit play.




4 comments:

Bilbo said...

I still have no idea what all that hifalutin' music talk said, but the music sounds purty.

John A Hill said...

So if you learn something and it's only 7:30am, can you just call it a day and go back to bed or figure you've got a free day and don't have to think for the rest of it?

Cloudia said...

I am very interested in this area, Mike! I play ocarina and other wind instruments. The right music can deff change the environment and the people in it including public places. Thanks for the leads

Cloudia said...

https://soundcloud.com/icloudia/sunshinewarmup