Wednesday, February 22, 2017

3606 - Bills


Here's something I'll pass along about online bill paying.

I pay most of my bills online through my credit union. Some of these bills can be payed monthly but I choose to pay them off in January and not worry about them the rest of the year. Typically insurance bills.

So I get my yearly statement for a bill. It's due on 1-11-17. I pay it the last week of December. Off it goes into the world of e-commerce. Or so I thought.

Turns out the company changed it's billing address. The address that I've had in my online payees for years and years.

So do I find out right away? Does the credit union call me? Nope and nope. Around 1-25-17 I get a letter from the credit union saying my payment has been returned. Almost a MONTH since I sent it. With no explanation of why it was returned. It took some digging to figure out what went on.

As I found out I had a 60 day grace period but not before I got a nastygram from the insurance company.

So if you pay your bills online be ready for the 'address change'. How? Beats me!


Now, back to the library to continue my protest.


3 comments:

eViL pOp TaRt said...

Companies love it when you pay on line but give few clues about when companies change names, addresses, or are sold. Then it's YOYO.

Cloudia said...

I know, Mike!

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

Just had something similar happen to me! technology is fun isn't it? I don't even have personal checks so I do all online.