Tuesday, August 22, 2017

3787 - Eclipse follow up


Well that was a bust.

I put out a big piece of white paper because we were supposed to see wavy lines on the paper from the atmosphere. Nope.

We were supposed to see crescent shaped light on the ground from the light going through the tree leaves. Nope.

We were supposed to see the diamond ring effect right before totality. Nope. Because...

And then there was totality. Guess when a cloud came over and blocked the sun. Yep.


OK, the totality did peek out of the cloud for a few seconds so I can say I saw it.

Oh well. There is always 2024 in Carbondale Ill.  Nope.


6 comments:

Bilbo said...

We had a solid wall of thunderstorms roll through just in time to completely eclipse the eclipse. Never saw a thing. Bummer.

eViL pOp TaRt said...

I'm sorry viewing was bad for many viewers.

Chuck the Grumpy Cat said...

Sad about missing the eclipse.

Unknown said...

Never saw a thing. Bummer.


หนังตลก

Cloudia said...

awful here too, but then I got a nice reflected shot. Didja see it at my blog yesterday?

Mike said...

Cloudia - Yep :)