Tuesday, September 19, 2017

3815 - Life happens


This was going to be my bucket list for this week.


Empty buckets. All lined up and ready for... NOTHING!

Then Sunday happened. My vans check engine light came on. Took it in yesterday. As of last night they still hadn't called me even with a guess as to the problem.

And then I heard a sound in the house. What's that humming noise coming from the basement? Ah, it's just the sump pump running.... and running.... and running. So I unplugged it Sunday night. Monday I pulled the pump out of the pit. The input was clogged with so much gunk it was taking forever to pump water out of the pit. Cleaned the pump inlet and now it empty's the pit in a minute.

But it makes me wonder how long the pump has been running like that. I guess I'll find out on next months electric bill.


4 comments:

Bilbo said...

I love the term "sump pump" ... it just rolls off the tongue.

eViL pOp TaRt said...

I hope it won't be a costly bill!

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

I hope you haven't heard because they were too busy to get to it and not because you need a new van. Let's hope no news is good news pertains to this matter.

Cloudia said...

this is why the one good thing we can say about death is that we will Rest In Peace :)