Monday, December 11, 2017

3898 - 23 and me


Well I did the 23 and me test last Thursday. Got it on sale for half off. We'll see what I show up as. I think I know, Czech and Irish. But you never know what's going to pop up.

I also did the health test. And alone with the health test comes an opportunity to participate in some health studies. So I said sure why not. You just have to answer a few questions.


Did I say a few questions? I started answering questions around 9pm. At 12:30am their system locked up on me. I saved the URL I was at and tried to go back to the same spot the next day. It worked! I answered questions for another hour before I got to the end. Geeez.

The system then told me I had answered 1160 questions. They don't tell you this up front. What it does tell you along the way is, 'You have answered more questions than 20% of other people'. Then 25%. Then 30% Then 40%.

They keep sucking you in to try to make it to 100%. They never tell you how many more there are to go.

So if you get the health test and you want to participate in the studies, carve out an evening to answer, answer, and answer some more.

Here's a $50 off coupon for you.


6 comments:

Bilbo said...

I don't think I'll do any of those DNA tests. I come from Pittsburgh, I know who my parents and grandparents are, and that's enough. As far as the health test goes, I'm paying a whole bunch of money to Medicare and my HMO to worry about that.

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

I disagree with Bill. I loved doing my DNA and found it interesting that my real family came up so it was like a test per se. Bill thinks he knows it all but the history you learn is fascinating and fun to learn. Can't wait to hear what you find you are. Could be more than the two you believe. I would never do the health one though, you are much braver than me.

Cloudia said...

Thanks, Man

Sinner Bob said...

I'm intrigued enough to set aside an evening for this information.

Hell Hound said...

I will try it soon.

eViL pOp TaRt said...

It sounds like a great idea! I hope you will find the information to be useful!