Friday, March 23, 2018

4000 - 4000


Post number 4000. I didn't think I'd get here. I'm right behind Bilbo. If he takes another vacation I may catch him. Or I could do like Cloudia and post twice a day. That would up the count faster!

There were many times over the years I thought about just stopping. As a matter of fact I did stop once, in the beginning. This blog starts on July 3rd, 2006. Before that I had posted about 100 posts when I decided blogging wasn't what I thought it was. I deleted it. But I saved the posts in a file.

Then I decided to start blogging again. I reposted all the posts I had deleted. Here's the first one. I like to think I was the first one to come up with that idea back in 2006. You see all kinds of versions of it now. I should get royalties.




2007 was a slow blogging year but after that it picked up speed. And it was back around that time I got into local politics. Since the politics in my city are nonpartisan I thought I should remove my blog from search engine discovery. I've never undone that. So if you found me it was through other blogs that I visit or that I visited you.

That brings me to how long do you hold on to other bloggers on your blog list? I've taken off a few. And some of the people still on there haven't posted in five years. But sometimes someone surprises you and comes back.

And then there are the people I've pissed off. Yes there have been a few. Sometimes in an attempt at humor I'll type something that sounds funny in my head, but when I go back and read it (post or comment) the next day I go 'what was I thinking?' Oh well, life moves on.

I think it's funny how all the blogs on blogger are linked in a round about way. The other day I started go to blogs linked on other people's sites. Hopping from one unknown blogger (to me) to another. After about six or seven hops I was looking at a blog list and there was Cloudia as a follower. Next time I'll keep track of all the blogs and use the blog hopping as a post.

Well I almost quit at 3000 and here I am at 4000. Maybe I'll stop at 5000. Or not.


10 comments:

John A Hill said...

Congrats on 4000.
I'm not even halfway there and started about the same time. I'm such a slacker.

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

Congrats. I think that is the most you've written in 4000 posts!

Elvis Wearing a Bra on His Head said...

Congratulations on this milestone, Mike!

eViL pOp TaRt said...

Wow! 4000 is a milestone!

Mike said...

Thanks everyone.

Peggy - It took a long time and several breaks to get that much down.

Dana said...

I cleaned up my blog list when I started back blogging. I figure if they've been gone for 5 years? They're probably not coming back, and even if they did? I probably wouldn't remember them.

allenwoodhaven said...

Congratulations! I found you through Bilbo and am glad I did. I had no idea of your local government service but commend you for it. It's something that needs to be done well, so why not you? You're an intelligent guy, able to use reason, logic and facts. Personally, I find it interesting to learn that about you. I enjoy your posts. They're a good mix: funny, thought provoking, interesting, topical, and odd. I'll be going back to look at some early ones. Looking forward to future milestones.

Cloudia said...

Aloha Dear! Don't stop! <3

Priscilla said...

Good going!

Bilbo said...

Go, Mike! We've got to keep the blog banner flying high!