Wednesday, July 18, 2018

4117 - News gathering


Here's one of those in between stories tidbit from the PBS Newshour.


The problem with my local newspaper is it's become an advertising platform with a few tidbits of news thrown in. And you're likely to see the same story a few days later. It's said that 6 major companies own all the media in the US. That makes the independent online news outlets even more important.

If I had to guess how I divide my news gathering time I would guess...
40% TV
50% Online
0% Radio
10% Newspapers and magazines


7 comments:

Bilbo said...

For me, the distribution is about:
15% TV
5% Online
40% Radio
40% Newspapers and Magazines

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

I avoid the news of late.
But the list is 140% how does that work?

MarkD60 said...

For me, it's 100% online.

John A Hill said...

I'm pretty much 100% online, although I do get a little bit from TV news (mostly as a part of an online link).
I rarely watch TV anymore; just an occasional baseball game or UFC fight.
I've never been a big reader of magazines or newspapers. Again, I do read occasional articles from an online link.
I pretty much only use radios for music (classic rock is generally my choice genre).

eViL pOp TaRt said...

I mostly use online sources. I miss my Picyaune!

Cloudia said...

Interesting

Mike said...

Peggy - I assume that people got to pick more than one.