Monday, December 15, 2008

635 - The day I couldn't sit still

Movie review!!!!

The day the earth stood still. In Imax. With a tub of popcorn and two large soda's. I'm glad we got there early to get an aisle seat. No the movie wasn't bad. But we got there early and had LARGE soda's. The movie was good. But not $10 + $10 + $17 = $37 good. I hadn't been in the Imax at the local theater before so maybe it was worth it just to know not to waste money again. It wasn't the same as the Imax at the science center.

Back to the movie. It was a good modernized remake with all the appropriate video manipulation. It keeps your attention (mine anyway) through the whole movie. BUT. There I am sitting there saying I don't think I can make it to the end of the movie. POTTY BREAK. There has to be a half an hour at least left. I go and get back. My butt hits the seat - THE END. WHAT!!!! I turn to Claudia and say "what happened"? She gives a brief description of the last few minutes and I went ..... OK, let's get outa' here.

I think I've seen so many things blow up on the screen lately that I can't recognize when the climax is coming anymore. (leave it alone, no comments from the peanut gallery)


Now that THAT is out of my system let's look at the word 'aisle'. I can't remember the last time I typed that word. It's a dumb word. Look at how it's spelled and listen to how it sounds. There's almost no relation. I had to think about it for a second. Isle? Nope that's and island. Eisle? Nope that doesn't look right. I had to spell check 'aisle' to make sure I had the right one. Who makes up these words anyway? Fiona?

5 comments:

fiona said...

I will take full credit for daft words, always.
And I'm in the "peanut gallery" just about bursting here! What a missed opportunity...*sigh*

Anonymous said...

here, we have potty breaks halfway through the movie. you should come and queue with other 6 year old boys during a potty break .. ;)

Mike said...

Rima, now I know how to get you here to make a comment. Go make a snarky comment on your blog. HA!

Anonymous said...

LOL!!!
No way, I come and comment here all the time!!! I love your blog, it's one of the few I visit everyday! so, when are you gonna make a comic strip of your own??

Anonymous said...

But 'aisle' and 'isle' are such nice words! I have random favorite words just because they feel :P

And yes. The movie was bland, it wasn't necessarily bad - just bland.