Sunday, January 25, 2009

682 - Unregulated capitalism + other stuff

As you may or may not know Anheuser Busch was bought out by InBev. They promised to keep the world headquarters in St. Louis. They are now opening up a new office in New York with the promise "Oh no trust us. It's just a branch office".

I've also heard THIS about two different people here in St. Louis. InBev has laid off about 1000 people here. Two different sources have told me of people that have been laid off, being offered their same jobs back. As contractors with no benefits. Ahhh unregulated capitalism at it's best.


Oh and phone company benefits for retirees? Up again this year.


And would have sworn I blogged about my social security rant but a search of the blog turn up ... NOTHING. So here goes.

You know that print out you get from SS every year. Well last year I took those numbers and put them into a spreadsheet and figured this out. I'm supposed to get $1,xxx a month from SS. If all the money that I and the phone company have put into SS had been invested at just 5% it would be worth $300K+. The 1K+ that I'm supposed to get? It's 5% of the 300K that the government is supposed to be holding for me.

The only problem here is the 300K isn't there. We're driving on it on the highways. (raise the gas tax and get it back) We're shooting it at all the bad guys all over the world. (time to start charging for our mercenary actions) This list could go on and on. Bilbo, take over for me here. I'm running out of verbiage.


And finally, yesterday was a dead day for blogging. Other blogger's comment counts hardly moved at all and I had the lowest count I've had in a long time. Are people getting a LIFE or something??? That's just wrong!


And finally2 here's a blip from notalwaysright.

Clarity Is Key
GROCERY STORE | MICHIGAN, USA
Me: “Hi sir, how are you today? Is there something I can get for you?”

Customer: “Fish.”

Me: “Well, you sure came to the right place. What kind of fish would you like?”

Customer: “Dead fish.”

Me: “…”


See this is how it should work in blogging. Just wandering around sites finding stuff or rambling about silly sh*t.

2 comments:

John A Hill said...

just want to keep your comment count up! I try not to think of what the social security would look like if Bush had his way and privatized it eight years ago...


get this wv: mulflayw

Anonymous said...

Talk about bad guys we might want to shoot at...there are always several that I can only hope have scabs on their knees from asking God for mercy. They can't be sleeping at night. Judging from their actions--take Bernie Madoff, for example--they've got to be certifiably crazy from lying awake figuring out new ways to make the rest of us miserable.