Thursday, October 08, 2009

938 - Top 10 (or bottom)

10 most. People like to rank things here in the US. I found some rankings that some could call questionable. Like the ranking of the 10 brainiest states. I don't know if I would call number one a state. Unless the state of confusion counts. And I know some people that live in that area and let me tell you, I don't know if I would call........... Hey, look who's number 6. That's sort of close to where I am.

1. Washington, D.C.
2. Maryland
3. Washington state
4. Vermont
5. Connecticut
6. Colorado
7. Massachusetts
8. New Jersey
9. Maine
10. New Hampshire

STORY

Here are the 10 lowest-ranking states: Indiana, North Dakota, South Carolina, Arkansas, Kentucky, Tennessee, Mississippi, Alabama, Oklahoma and, dead last, Louisiana.


And then there are the 10 most literate. At least St. Louis is on this list.

1) Minneapolis (tie)
1) Seattle (tie)
3) Washington D.C.
4) St. Paul, Minn.
5) San Francisco
6) Atlanta
7) Denver
8) Boston
9) St. Louis
10) Cincinnati (tie)
10) Portland, Ore. (tie)

STORY

And going to any of these story links will take you to other top 10 lists.


 

5 comments:

Bilbo said...

Hey, I resemble that remark! Anyhow, there are lots of incredibly smart people in Washington, DC. The problem is that none of them work in, or have anything to do with, the government. We're probably high on the "largest number of indictments" top ten list, too.

vw: tedishe - a Theodora Bear.

Jay said...

So each of the top 10 "brainiest" states voted for Obama. And, 9 of the 10 least brainiest states voted for McCain, with Indiana being the only Obama state in that group. And 8 of the top 10 most literate cities are in states that went to Obama, but Obama won St. Louis HUGE and probably lost Cincy which is on the border with Kentucky a decidedly anti-Obama state.

I have no idea what any of this means. ;-)

Mike said...

Bilbo - And guns. Don't forget guns.

Jay - I don't either but I think we could get another top 10 list out it.

Wv: girmutog - I don't know what this means but it's probably something German.

The Mistress of the Dark said...

DC smartest? HUH?

Mike said...

Mistress - Double Huh?