Sunday, March 14, 2010

1094 - PI

That's right folks. It's PI day! 3-14 The day to celebrate eating PI. Or something like that. Find something round and eat it. And yes you can take that anyway you want. I think I have a craving for a BigMac. I know other people that might but can't do anything about it. Real pie is even off their radar. Not mine.

How about pizza pie! It's PI within a pie. Pi_r_square? No it's not. Pie are round.




And if you haven't had enough PI. And you have never been to my PI sight. And you want a piece of PI. Here's a LINK. There's any kind of piece of PI that you could ever want. A million times over.

What with archiving and all the first thousand might be hard to find. HERE they are.

 

5 comments:

Amanda said...

Happy PI day to you. Those links are definitely admirable! I'm clapping my hands.

I had almost-round salmon patties for dinner.

Bilbo said...

Well, you beat me to the "Pi Day" post, but I did one anyhow. BTW, Gilahi and I are going out for a beer after work tomorrow. It's not Ted Drews (or whatever your thing there is), but hey - this is DC, we take what we can get.

vw - sorsedsm: found a place to engage in risky sex?

Mike said...

A - I actually let my computer run crazy for a couple of days and generated 1.2 billion digits of pi. It generated a text file that was 1.4 gig.

Of cource nothing could open that file. So I found a program that could break apart big files into little files and ..... now I can't remember what the 1.2 billionth digit was. I'm going to have to find that again.

Wv: hagroar - What you never what to hear.

Mike said...

B - Galahi WHO?! I don't know if you noticed but once a month I put something on his last post. He always answers.

Mike said...

Another PI story. A few years ago a friends work was having a pi party. She needed to take something that was about pi. I printed her out the first million digits from my pi blog. At 6 point type and double sided, it took 72 pages to print the whole thing.

If anybody wants a copy .... you know, just in case....