Friday, July 13, 2012

1949 - 13 magic


Yes today is actually a Friday the 13th. As compared to when Friday the 13th falls on another day of the week. Where did this variability come from? Work. Where else. I mean what else are you going to do at work besides come up with crazy ideas to keep everyone amused. 



 So when Friday the 13th fell on a non-Friday it was fun to run around and warn everyone.



Everyone would tell us, 'It's not Friday the 13th, you're crazy.' To which we would reply, 'What's your point?'


But that got me thinking about a test I did back then. You can do it also. Today!

Look only for the good things that happen today. If a small bad thing happens ignore it. Write it off. Focus on only the good. You have to keep it up all day. It will be a very happy day by the end of the day.


But then what happens. I'll tell you what happens. Saturday the 14th happens. When you go back to normal operating mode on Saturday, every little irritating thing that happens gets magnified way out of proportion. By the end of Saturday the 14th you'll be ready to kill people.

So go ahead, give it a try. It will be fun today. Maybe not so much tomorrow.

Update:
Bilbo got me looking at where Friday the 13th came from. I had never looked that up before. Go figure. Well now I have and you can have all this great info also from the knower of everything ... WIKIPEDIA!

9 comments:

John A Hill said...

Happy Friday the 13th!

eViL pOp TaRt said...

It is a good idea to emphasize the positive of Friday the 13th. Starting with the fact that it's FRIDAY!

Remember King Friday the XIII?

Amanda said...

Hey...it really is Friday the 13th! I thought you were letting us know about another non Friday, Friday the 13th and had to check the calendar.

Big Sky Heidi said...

Happy Friday, whatever the date is.

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

What I learned from Mike today - I have to wait until tomorrow to kill people. I am not sure I have the patience for that but I will try.

Lizbeth said...

So true!!!

Mike said...

John - Thanks!

Angel - I had to look up KF13.

Amanda - The real one is sneakier than the fake ones.

Heidi - The day can easily override the date for some people.

Peg - Just do a couple of them today as practice for tomorrow.

Lizbeth - It is!

Grand Crapaud said...

Fri the 13th is a great day for tempting fate.

Mike said...

Grand - It's the best.