Monday, April 27, 2015

2957 - Rubic's cube


You remember Rubic's Cube? A fad that faded after a few years of kids playing with the 3x3x3 rotating block?

Well apparently it didn't fade. There is a Cube cult going out there. Here is the Rubik's Cube official record holders web site. Check it out first. Look at the fastest time listed. I'll wait.

.......


OK, now watch this...

Wait! Where's the video?! Well it turns out the video is 35 meg and was taking forever to upload to blogger. So here's the LINK instead.

screen shot

Did you see the time? A new world record. Not even posted on the site yet.

But that time is for a human. There are people that are making machines to solve the RC puzzle as super fast speeds.

Cubestormer 3 does it here...



3.253 seconds. Now we wait for a human to beat the machine.

What's my fastest time? I think about 10 minutes. That was after I figured out how to disassemble the cube and reassemble it solved.


3 comments:

eViL pOp TaRt said...

I was never very successful with Rubik's cube. Good going!

Linda Kay said...

Mike, never figured out this little puzzle, although I'm sure I tried many times to do it. And who could design a machine to do it? Unreal.

Cherdo said...

My sister-in-law can do this in no time, barely looking at it. Me...not so much.