Friday, August 26, 2016

3426 - Chairs, outdoor, metal


Did you have a few of these chairs growing up? We did at my parents house.



So I was surprised when my daughter wanted to get three of them and an outdoor table for our front porch. She found them on Craigs list and thought our porch needed them. Whatever makes her not bug us. She's happy so so am I. (That's a weird sentence.)

So yesterday someone gave me a lift home and saw them. They said they had been looking for some just like that. I told them they were in luck because I had three more in the back yard from my parents house rusting away. A 20 year old project that never got off the ground. They were now his.

So he was happy and now I'm happy because it meant stuff was leaving and not coming to the house. It was a good day.


7 comments:

Bilbo said...

I need some help in moving stuff out. Actually, I need a LOT of help moving stuff out.

John A Hill said...

Maybe we should have a National Retired Guy's Sell Off Day!

Just put a "RETIRED" sign in your yard and people can stop by and make offers on anything you have to sell or just anything you have, for that matter.

Yeah, I have stuff, too.

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

I'd have taken them, cleaned them up, painted them and sold them. :-) We could have split the profits. They sell for just shy of $100 each around here.

I love the look of them but as a kid I remember burning the back of my legs because they got so darn hot.

eViL pOp TaRt said...

I was thinking that they got mighty hot. Lots of luck using one.

Grand Crapaud said...

I remember those chairs - unseatable after 10 AM.

allenwoodhaven said...

I saw a few when I was a kid. They were hot in the sun but they're good on a porch.

The Mistress of the Dark said...

My grandma's was turquoise and white.