Tuesday, August 30, 2016

3430 - Lower 48 trip


How about a trip around the lower 48? Somebody figured out a route for you. They say the trip should take 2 to 3 months depending on how long you stay at some spots. 224 hours of driving time. Not to bad.


Not being a traveling type of person this is not for me. But somebody out there is probably already doing the loop. You can start at any point although I think it would be a good idea to figure in the seasons. I don't think you would want to be crossing North Dakota and Montana in the winter.

Here's the SITE with more info. If you decide to do this don't forget to blog everyday.


5 comments:

eViL pOp TaRt said...

That would be a legendary trip!

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

When I was younger I would have done this in a heart beat. But I don't enjoy the Grand Canyon and the like so I would take detours I'm sure.
We took a trip about 15 yrs ago that was in the Washington Post Travel Section. Outlined just like this. It was a ball. No dog, we had money and time so why not. We went through New England in fall. Nothin' better. Ben & Jerry's and a wine bar. Peg was a happy camper. :-)

Elvis Wearing a Bra on His Head said...

Maybe, someday..............

Big Sky Heidi said...

A one-way trip to the northwest by car is tiring enough. I don't think I could do the round trip coast to coast,

John A Hill said...

Hmmm...need to figure in MLB parks and schedules, maybe a UFC fight or two. Too bad I'd never convince Chris to go on an epic motorcycle trip!
Oh yeah, I'll need a new bike for that trip.