Wednesday, July 05, 2023

5931 - Illusions and magic


This is a Nova course about illusions. It explains a little about what's happening in the brain when you think you're seeing something but you're not. The brain fills in what it thinks you're seeing.

I started this at the 8-minute mark. The show is over and the Q&A begins at the 47-minute mark. It's like sitting through a class so try and stay awake. For 39 minutes. 😁



7 comments:

  1. Too long for me. I am also pretty sure that I don't want to know what my brain is doing/not doing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The real illusion here is that I could sit still and watch for 39 minutes instead of working in the garden. But it looks interesting, so maybe I'll give it a try.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Time is an illusion; it is always now.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sue - Oh come on, give it a try. You can drop out at any time.

    River - Close enough.

    Bill - It's interesting. Time will fly.

    Stu - I agree. At least now I do. ... And now. ... And now.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Puncturing illusions can be dangerous, as most of our daily lives and routines are fueled by them.

    ReplyDelete

Comments on posts older than nine days will go to comment moderation.