Friday, September 26, 2008

551 - Still talking

As I write this post the boys are still haggling over the $700B bailout. Now think about this. 700 billion will buy them all out if I'm hearing it correctly. Why should they get ALL the money they lost right now. If we decide to bail them out why wouldn't they get the equivilent of a 30 year loan. 1/360th every month for 30 years. That's all they would have gotten had they managed the loans correctly to begin with.

So here's a plan. Usually when you're bailing somebody out you give them cents on the dollar. So let's say 10 cents on the dollar. That cuts the loan down to 70B right there. And applying the 1/360 rule that's about .2 billion a month. I'll go for that. And it's a better deal than they would give somebody who couldn't make their mortgage payments.

6 comments:

John A Hill said...

You're my new hero.
Sorry, Bilbo. But Mike just saved us $630 BILLION and spread the rest out over 30 years.
You might want to consider Mike for your Sec. of the Treasury in the Bilbo Republicratic Administration.

Bilbo said...

Mike, you've indeed hit the fiscal nail on the head. You're my hero, too. If you just looked more like Sarah Palin, you'd be a shoe-in for my administration...after all, with Paris Hilton already the Energy Secretary-designate, I have some fairly high standards to maintain.

Anonymous said...

Now you are going and being practical and using common sense. I agree you would make a great Sec of Treasury in Bilbo's straight thinking administration, but not in D C the way it is today.
You could go to D C today and be Sec of poontang.as Bilbo won't need that department. We need it today to lump all the screw jobs in one area.

Bilbo said...

I'm still trying to figure out why I wouldn't need a Secretary of Poontang, other than Agnes would kill me. Oh. I guess that's a good reason. Never mind.

Mike said...

I want that poontang position!!!

The Mistress of the Dark said...

If only if only...now get to the white house and tell them idjits what to do!