Friday, August 14, 2009

881 - You Might Be

Found this recently. I've added my own (comments).

You Might Be An Engineer If . . .

•Choosing to buy flowers for your girlfriend (wife) or upgrading your computers RAM is a moral dilemma. (I still can't decide)
•You take a cruise so you can go on a personal tour of the engine room. (that would be so cool)
•The sales people at the local computer store can't answer any of your questions. (some of them anyway)
•You bought your wife a new CD-ROM drive for her birthday. (nope, I needed it more than she did)
•You can quote scenes from any Monty Python movie. (this is one thing I never got into)
•You can type 70 words per minute but can't read your own handwriting. (no and correct)
•You comment to your wife that her straight hair is nice and parallel. (it's not, it goes in more of a Fibonacci curve)
•You have saved every power cord from all your broken appliances. (do I have to admit this?)
•You have more friends on the Internet than in real life. (I'm about to find out)
•You know what http:// stands for. (Hypertext Transfer Protocol in case anybody doesn't)
•You look forward to Christmas so you can put the kids' toys together. (and?)
•You see a good design and still have to change it. (and?)
•You window shop at Radio Shack. (and I go inside and browse for hours)
•Your laptop computer costs more than your car. (not quite)
•Your wife hasn't the foggiest idea what you do at work. (N/A)
•You've already calculated how much you make per second. (I used to know. It's not that hard to figure out.)
•You've tried to repair a $5 radio. (and?)
 
 

11 comments:

Amanda said...

*sigh* engineers.....

Y'know, we have 3 in the family.

One has been bumming around awhile.

The other quit engineering, worked in something else for awhile but has now chosen to bum around.

And the third, will start being a bum from next year.

Amanda said...

Not saying their lazy or anything....just maybe looking for new releases too often.

Bilbo said...

And people wonder what it is that I see in grammatical minutiae...

Gilahi said...

I was standing next to an engineer at urinals in the men's room one day and he said, "Huh, parallel processing!"

On an elevator at work, when we reach parking deck level 1, it looks like it says "pi". I commented to a group of engineers that we were on an irrational floor and they ALL got it.

John A Hill said...

Optomists see the glass as half full.
Pessismists see it as half empty.

Engineers see a glass that is too large for the liquid and redesign the container.

The Mistress of the Dark said...

LOL @ you

bandi said...

http stands for WHAT?

Mike said...

A1 - dig a hole

A2 - try to climb out

B - Why does grammatical minutiae have so many syllables?

G - I'm still laughing at P1.

J - don't forget about my post #1.

M - I can't help it.

B - Bandi? Have you had some work done that I don't know about?
And if you need to know what the semicolon and the two backslashes do in the routing code, I can find that out for you.

Wv: graphor - a dinosour that was able to draw graphs.

Mike said...

Oh and go back and see Narms comment on post 879.

bandittt said...

It was 6:00 A.M., still semi dark, no coffee yet.

BTW, I sent you that article about the "PERSON" that had the live grenade.

Mike said...

See what happens when you get up early. That's why I don't do that anymore.