Monday, January 04, 2010

1024 - Donate

John mentioned the other day about donating blood. I donated regularly for quite awhile but then slacked off. I've started to get back into the habit but sometimes the Red Cross troops make it hard to want to come back.

My veins are not that hard to find. But the last time I went it took 4 people umpteen numbers of trys to get the needle into a vein. And then it would stop flowing and they would mess around some more to get it flowing again. I was ready to get up and announce "I'm done, see ya'" but managed to stick it out. (while getting stuck and restuck)

So try to forget what I've just said and go give a pint. You may get something in return. Here's a story about a free pound of coffee for blood at a blood drive. I'm going to have to start shopping around. Maybe somebody might be giving away a car. Like a Saturn or Pontiac.

 

4 comments:

Candice said...

Would you believe that I've NEVER given blood before?

I don't mind sticking people, but I sure don't like to get stuck.

Mike said...

C - You've probably seen what can go wrong to many times. My mother was a nurse and she could tell some stories.

Jay said...

I've never given blood either. Maybe I will someday.

A free pound of coffee is a better deal than a cookie and small Dixie Cup of juice.

Mike said...

J - I get my bloods worth out of cookies and juice when I give.