Sunday, August 02, 2015

3054 - Smoke


Can you keep control of your smoke? Well that's what the county inspector told a guy to do with his barbeque smoke. Keep it on his property.

This may sound stupid but it's probably a law in your area also. It's just that you don't have asshole neighbors that complain about your barbeque.

You can read the short article HERE. The following video is from the article.



And just to show you how stupid some of this stuff is I've had a problem with smoke several times.

I live in Missouri near the Mississippi River. On the Illinois side there are places that burn trash. On a bad night the smoke from the trash fires will drift over to the Missouri side. I decided to see if I could do anything about it.

I called my city. Nothing they can do.
I called the county. Nothing they can do.
I called the state. Nothing they can do.
I called federal. Oh we're Missouri. You have to call Illinois.
I called Illinois. Oh you're in Missouri. Nothing they can do.

So when I see this BS with the barbeque smoke it makes me want to scream.


3 comments:

Blogoratti said...

I'd want to scream too, if I were in your shoes. Greetings!

John A Hill said...

Interesting...
I might have to check my local ordinances.

Anonymous said...

I've heard that rookie boy scout campers are sent on fools' errands to other campfires to borrow a smoke shifter.

~allenwoodhaven