Wednesday, June 06, 2018

4075 - Critters


The other day I was outside pulling some grass out of a flower bed alongside my house. I was working my way down the side when suddenly there was this loud QUACK! It was a nesting duck.


She was so hidden in the grass I almost grabbed her head. But after the first quack she just sat there and looked at me. I kept pulling out the grass, some that was rooted underneath her, but she never moved.  She's still out there today.

So yesterday I was cutting out a tree that had grown up in a bush. Right across from mama duck. I hear this squawking coming from above. It's a cardinal in a panic. So I took a closer look and there was a nest with two babies in it.


So much for that project.

So I went inside and took a nap.


7 comments:

Bilbo said...

It's a sign!!

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

I think that is what they were trying to tell you - get out of here, it's nap time. :-)

Dana said...

They like you ... they REALLY like you!

John A Hill said...

So...
A little bird told you to take a nap?
Nice. Stick with that.

Duckbutt said...

Great that you spared the birds!

Kristen Drittsekkdatter said...

The duck is cute.

Brandi said...

A duck telling you to nap is good karma./