Thursday, June 07, 2018

4076 - Allison


A while back I did a post on Allison Stokke. She was a 17 year old high school pole vaulter that caught the attention of a photographer. I wonder why.


So her family said leave her alone. She's just a high school kid. It didn't work. She went viral. And she went to college.


I'd say she buffed up a bit.

She tried out for the Olympics but fell just a bit short. But because of that photographer she has her own Wikipedia page where I found out, "After college, she became a professional vaulter and sports model for Nike and Athleta, among others."

Sometimes things work out for the best.


4 comments:

Chuck the Grumpy Cat said...

That was an awesome photograph! It caught her determination.

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

I have a lot of Athleta clothing pieces. I do not look like Allison in any of them sadly.

BootsandBraids said...

I'm dying over here. Margaret's comments made me laughing tears out of my eyes.

Elvis Wearing a Bra on His Head said...

Thanks for the story behind the photograph.