Sunday, March 15, 2009

731 - Strike two

Well pooppies. Friday came and went and I missed it. What? Friday the 13th. I usually warn everybody every month. So on a month when it's actually on Friday I miss it. So it goes. At least Bilbo remembered and warned everyone for me. Thanks. Next month I'll try and be more alert although I promise nothing.

So on to strike two. That would be yesterday. The once a year date that has come and gone now. Jeez I'm sleepin' here! What was yesterday? PI DAY! 3.14 The day when your supposed to eat round things. The day when your life goes in circles. The day .... I forgot!

If you've never been to my pi page it's here. It's the first million digits of pi. There's a computer program that generates pi. It's a nice test to see how fast your computer runs. On mine it takes a little over 3 seconds to generate a million digits. One time I decided to give up my computer for awhile a see how long it would take to kick out a billion digits. It took about a day and a half.

I think I still have the file if anyone wants to see it. It's a about a gig and a half. I had to break it apart to get pieces of it to open in any program. Even textpad wouldn't open it. When I finally did get it open I found numbers. Lots and lots of numbers.

So on this miss I've got another year to wait. I'm getting so forgetful I may need a vacation soon.

4 comments:

John A Hill said...

When you are retired and take a vacation...Do you get a job for a couple of weeks?

Anonymous said...

I must admit when I visited here on Fri. I was anticipating Fri the 13th stuff.

Mike said...

J - I was wondering if someone would catch that.

B - It's blogspot's fault.

Here's something interesting. Blogspot shows up as a spelling error on a Google browser.

Amanda said...

A couple of weeks off (or at a job) would be fine because the next Friday the 13th isn't until November.