Sunday, March 29, 2015

2928 - Say what?


This is from a Q&A about phrases or things you don't hear or hear about anymore. (I know what all these mean.)


Here's a nickel. Call someone who cares.

Don't copy that floppy.

The tape got eaten.

Don't touch that dial!

Home taping is killing music.

Hang up the phone. (I still do this.)

Calling a radio announcer a "disc jockey".

Let your fingers do the walking.

You sound like a broken record.

Carriage return.

Beep me.

A package marked "COD".

Drop a dime.

Get off the computer, I'm expecting a call.

Don't throw the baby out with the bath water.

The time lady.

That's a Kodak moment.

Take the phone off the hook! (I can still do this.)

Saturday Morning Cartoons.

I'm in the book.

I read Playboy for the articles.

Pop the clutch.

Where's the beef?

The pot calling the kettle black.

Load the camera.

Hold your horses.


5 comments:

Duckbutt said...

Definitely outdated sayings. Today it should be "Where's the tofu?"

eViL pOp TaRt said...

I don't miss tapes. DVDs and CDs are next to go.

Elvis Wearing a Bra on His Head said...

I'll close up nowadays, or press the button to discontinue a call. Language does has inertia.

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

Oh God I'm old.
I say some of these things. sigh

Cherdo said...

Hubzam and I accidentally left the television on and walked in on some of the Saturday morning cartoons that are currently on. This started a huge conversation on the way we used to look forward to the new cartoons Saturday each year. It was a BIG deal in our neighborhood. What happened to cartoon hype and excitement?

Then I saw some of the cartoons...I get it now.