Wednesday, July 29, 2015

3050 - Welcome to Cleveland


Welcome to Cleveland. It's a nice welcoming sign on a roof under one of the approach paths at the airport. Imagine looking out your airplane window and seeing...


...when you're landing in Milwaukee.

I like this guy, Mark Gubin. This is my kind thing to do. So what kind of sign could I put on my roof? How about 'Welcome to Springfield'? There are so many Springfields around the country that would really confuse people.

His sign has supposedly been there for 27 years. People have tried to get him to remove it as it bothers some airline passengers. He obviously hasn't done that. For more aerial shots of this go HERE.

Well, Mark isn't famous enough to have a Wikipedia page, but you can find the sign on Google maps HERE.

And then I found a video about him (of course I did).




8 comments:

The Bastard King of England said...

That would wake me up, you betcha!

Rammer Jammer Yellow Hammer said...

The prospect of being in Cleveland is scary. Milwaukee is bad enough!

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

I love this mans humor!
I bet a lot of folks flipped out when they see this.

Linda Kay said...

Let's see, Mike, you could surely come up with something to match this guy's. Springfield might be good, but like you say there are too many of them. I grew up near Springfield Illinois. It would be kind of scary to think you were flying into the wrong city. Imagine the fear of trying to get to where you were supposed to be!

Anonymous said...

I love it. What a great idea!

~allenwoodhaven

Duckbutt said...

Well, there was a flight to Lexington several years ago that wound up in Frankfort instead.

Duckbutt said...

There was a whole bunch of them, it turns out:

http://www.thirdamendment.com/WrongWay.pdf

Cherdo said...

That is perfect! Just the kind of humor I would embrace wholeheartedly.