Tuesday, December 29, 2015

3203 - I know I know it!


So I saw a similar video to this on Facebook. On Facebook it didn't have a title heading. So what's the song..... hmmmmm.



I've seen many videos like this. And the music sounded like Mannheim Steamroller or Trans-Siberian Orchestra. I knew I knew it, but the ol' name block had taken hold.

So I asked Claudia and my daughter if they knew what song was playing. The both came up with an unnamed song from the Nutcracker. I found orchestras playing the song. It's called 'March'. But I can't find the rock and roll version of it.

So I checked Wikipedia. As you can imagine there are a bizillion entries for March. None of which I was looking for. I found the entry for Nutcracker. There's the song March listed but just as the second song in act one of the Nutcracker. I keep scrolling.

I find a section called 'contemporary arrangements'. AH HA! It's done by Trans-Siberian Orchestra. And the catch is the name was changed to 'Nut Rocker'. And Trans-Siberian Orchestra was not the originator of the change. It seems there was a group called 'B. Bumble and the Stingers' that did the original 'Nut Rocker' in 1962. Here it is...




And as long as I have you here, how about a solo organ version?




4 comments:

Duckbutt said...

The Trans-Siberian Orchestra is really good!

John A Hill said...

And now we know you knew it!

eViL pOp TaRt said...

TSO incorporated great flashing lights with the instrumental. A set of real finds.

Cherdo said...

I love the three versions! I need to tell our organist to get on this - he'd totally be game for it.

As 2015 comes to an end, I just want to say thanks for all the wonderful smiles you've provided and I hope to see many, many more. Happy New Year, Mike! <3