Tuesday, May 30, 2017

3703 - All of them?

Here's two shorts ....

So after a family member died I inherited almost $78,000,000. My family and friends attitudes changed completely after hearing the news. People I didn't even know of started contacting me, almost everyone I knew asked me for money, the number of 'friends' I had doubled. About a week later, the lawyer that handled the last will contacted me saying there was a closer relative that they had missed. I went back to being normal and found out who my real friends and family were.



One of my best friends passed away unexpectedly last August. I didn't keep up with messaging him every once and a while and slowly grew apart. He messaged me a week before he died simply saying "I miss you." I forgot about replying like some people do and I got a call the following week from another friend saying he died. I was devastated because I had no idea he was ill. Later that day I was looking at my inbox and noticed his message and it floored me. I still beat myself up over it because all I had to say is "I miss you too we should catch up." But I didn't and he's gone. It was a harsh lesson but it changed me, and no matter what I take the time to reply to any message I get from someone I care about.


Do you like like shorts like this? Well here's 22 of them.

1 comment:

Cloudia said...

Are these short stories? Thought experiments? Experiences?