Friday, September 18, 2020

4907 - Hacking your mind


Hacking your mind is a PBS series about how you get influenced to do things. Weapons of Influence has information on how the last election was hacked by the Russians towards the end of the video. But the whole video is interesting. How marketing influences you to be loyal to products, etc. It's an hour (56m) video. But with the upcoming election, it's interesting to see how you're being influenced to buy products or vote a certain way.







4 comments:

Elephant's Child said...

Not available here - and an hour is too long for me.
I often worry that many of the decisions I 'thought' I had made all by myself have been influenced by others.

Mike said...

EC - They tap into your unconscious automatic response system. I'll type a transcript for you. As long as it's not more than 1000 words.

Mr. Shife said...

There's some documentary on Netflix that someone told me about that details how social media has all of these tricks to get you addicted to their platforms.

Mike said...

MS - I've seen that but can't remember the title.