Sunday, June 13, 2021

5177 - Long joke Sunday


I mowed the lawn today, and after doing so I sat down and had a cold beer. 

The day was really quite beautiful, and the drink facilitated some deep thinking.

My wife walked by and asked me what I was doing, and I said, "Nothing." 

The reason I said "nothing" instead of saying "just thinking" is because she then would have asked, "About what?"

At that point, I would have had to explain that men are deep thinkers about various topics, which would lead to other questions.

Finally, I pondered an age-old question: Is giving birth more painful than getting kicked in the nuts?

Women always maintain that giving birth is way more painful than a guy getting kicked in the nuts, but how could they know?

Well, after another beer, and some more heavy deductive thinking, I have come up with an answer to that question.

Getting kicked in the nuts is more painful than having a baby, and even though I obviously couldn't really know, here is the reason for my conclusion...
A year or so after giving birth, a woman will often say, "It might be nice to have another child."

But you never hear a guy say, "You know, I think I would like another kick in the nuts."

I rest my case.

Time for another beer.  

Then maybe a nap.


12 comments:

Elephant's Child said...

Or perhaps women (some women) are stronger than men...
Enjoy your beer. And your nap.

Mike said...

Sue - Since I don't do beer anymore I'll take two naps.

Ole Phat Stu said...

You could always ask some eunuchs for their opinion ;-)

Bilbo said...

I'll always take a beer and a nap over a kick in the nuts. Why even bring it up?

John A Hill said...

Deep thoughts

RO said...

I think you're on to something here, and yes, you deserve those 2 naps!(lol) Hugs and Happy Sunday! RO

BootsandBraids said...

LOL. The only flaw in that theory is that some of us, like me, learned the first time. The doctor told me nature makes women forget how painful and thus they go back for more. Though I can't remember how the pain of giving birth felt, I remembered what the doctor said and told myself nature wasn't going to trick me into going through that again. Once was enough. It's just lucky I had twins that one time or Twin 1 would be an only child. Trust me.

Mike said...

Stu - Or maybe someone would volunteer to become one for a test! :)

Bill - Shower thoughts brought it up. Apparently, someone was in the shower too long.

John - Shower thoughts.

RO - I'm going to take those naps!

Shirley - I trust you 100%.

eViL pOp TaRt said...

You might be onto something there . . . .

Kathy G said...

I'm late to the party. Hope your naps were good.

allenwoodhaven said...

A very logical conclusion. Superb!

Ahhhh, naps. Took a few days off last week and took several naps. Enjoyed every one...

Mike said...

EPT - Who is this commenting stranger? Where have you been?!

Kathy - It's never too late. Too early, yes, but never too late.

Allen - So logical even Spock would agree.