Sunday, June 27, 2021

5191 - Long joke Sunday


A man suffered a serious heart attack while shopping in a store. 

The store clerks called 911 when they saw him collapse to the floor.

The paramedics rushed the man to the nearest hospital where he had emergency open-heart bypass surgery.

He awakened from the surgery to find himself in the care of nuns at the Catholic Hospital. 

A nun was seated next to his bed holding a clipboard loaded with several forms and a pen. 

She asked him how he was going to pay for his treatment.

"Do you have health insurance?" she asked.

He replied in a raspy voice, "No health insurance."

The nun asked, "Do you have money in the bank?" 
         
He replied, "No money in the bank."

Do you have a relative who could help you with the payments?" asked the irritated nun.

He said, "I only have a spinster sister, and she is a nun."

The nun became agitated and announced loudly, "Nuns are not spinsters!
 
Nuns are married to God."

The patient replied, "Perfect. Send the bill to my brother-in-law."



7 comments:

Elephant's Child said...

I would have liked to see the nun's face at that response.

Mike said...

Sue - How about if he said send the bill to my sister-in-law?

Elephant's Child said...

That would be fine by me - but would also give the nun a very lemon-lipped expression.

Debra She Who Seeks said...

Hahahahahaha, the best joke yet!

Mike said...

Sue - Lemon-lipped is a new expression for me. I can imagine the look though.

Frank - Stick to the topic frank.

Deb - Now you've set the bar even higher for me. :o Not good since I have a tendancy to walk into the bar. Now I'll be walking under it.

Bilbo said...

An old joke that really lends itself to shaggy-dog treatment.

Mike said...

Bill - Serious or comedic? Comedic shaggy dog stories can be frustrating in their randomness but often succeed in execution. I think this one was a resounding success. :)