Sunday, March 27, 2022

5466 - Long joke Sunday


Facebook...

Q: How many group members does it take to change a light bulb ?💡

1 to change the light bulb and to post that the light bulb has been changed.
14 to share similar experiences of changing light bulbs and how the light bulb could have been changed differently.
7 to caution about the dangers of changing light bulbs.
6 to argue over whether it's 'lightbulb' or 'light bulb'.
Another 6 to condemn those 6 as stupid.
22 to tell THOSE 6 to stop being jerks.
5 industry professionals to inform the group that the proper term is 'lamp'.
15 know-it-alls who claim they were in the industry, and that 'light bulb' is perfectly correct.
49 to post memes and gifs (several are of Michael Jackson eating popcorn with the words added, “I’m just here for the comments.”)
19 to post that this page is not about light bulbs and to please take this discussion to a light bulb page.
11 to defend the posting to this page saying that we all use light bulbs and therefore the posts are relevant here.
24 to discuss the merits of LED/swirly fluorescent light bulbs
44 to claim LED and fluorescent bulbs will kill you.
12 to post F.
8 to ask what F means.
7 to post 'Following' but there's 3 dots at the top right that means you don't have to.
15 to say "can't share"
2 to reply "can't share from a closed group"
36 People to post pics of their own light bulbs.
15 People to post "I can't see S$%^!" and use their own light bulbs.
6 to report the post or PM an admin because someone said "f÷×$"
4 to say "Didn't we go through this already a short time ago?".
13 to say "Do a search on light bulbs before posting questions about light bulbs".
5 admins to ban the light bulb posters who took it all too seriously.
1 late arrival to comment on the original post 6 months later and start it all over again.
20 to give up on FB and take their dogs for a walk instead.

And then somebody announces they are leaving the group over the light bulb post, and someone replies back that this isn't an airport so you don't need to announce your departure.

AND that is Facebook.


13 comments:

Elephant's Child said...

I am often very, very grateful I haven't joined the FB train.

Mike said...

Sue - But look what you're missing!

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

sadly too true.

River said...

And this is why I avoid Facebook.

How many Irishmen does it take to paint a house?
One to hold the paintbrush and 200 to move the house back and forth.

Bilbo said...

One of the most fun things about Facebook (and Twitter) - is watching people spin up over ridiculous things and seeing how creatively stupid the comments can get.

Debra She Who Seeks said...

Thank goodness the blogosphere isn't like that, LOL!

Kathy G said...

If I was in a Facebook group like that I would quickly unsubscribe.

jenny_o said...

From what I've seen, this isn't even an exaggeration! But it's very funny when it's written out this way.

Shaw Kenawe said...

Ha! Loved it!

allenwoodhaven said...

Count me as another glad to never have joined FB.

Ami said...

I do appreciate being in touch with a lot of old friends I'd lost track of. And most evenings, I chat with my mom via messenger on FB. I am only part of a few groups, though, and so far none of them are like that.

My MOM LOVES FB... she is part of a ton of groups, which means she has people trying to scam her all the damn time. I've lost track of how many accounts she's made because someone has either cloned her account or she's forgotten her passwords. But there's a part of me that says, hey, she's 81 years old and can manage to find her way around social media/smartphone. Which isn't too shabby.

But I find I am spending less time there and reading stuff on Twitter more. I'm not sure why I like it better, but there it is.

Cloudia said...

I'm moving into a cave and just sending out daily posts. Oh wait! I already do!

Lady M said...

And 1 to post a picture of their cat/dog/child/dinner with a light bulb.