Tuesday, February 07, 2023

5784 - Facts? or not

I get emails from USAFacts. I can't remember how I started getting them and I don't pay that much attention to them. Except for the one I got yesterday. It was about the state of the union address tonight. It started off with this graphic.


I looked at the revenue and right off don't like individual income taxes vs corporate income taxes. Thanks tRUMP. 

Then I look at spending and see social security at the top. Social security is NOT spending. We put that money in a government held account like a savings account and are getting it back a little at a time. Same with Medicare. I've paid for that already. And where are the corporate subsidies listed? Other spending? 

I didn't think this was a republican organization but it's beginning to look like that to me.




12 comments:

Elephant's Child said...

Sigh.
Business taxes (and the myriad of ways they have to get out of paying them) do my head in.

River said...

I suspect most other countries are the same when it comes to the Big Businesses and the amount of taxes they don't pay.

Mike said...

Sue - I'm right there with you.

River - Sad but probably true.

Kirk said...

Right. Payroll taxes fund Social Security and Medicare. Those taxes are indeed included on the chart, but not side-by-side with either Social Security and Medicare, giving the impression that it doesn't matter where anything comes from or how it's paid for.

Bilbo said...

Don't get me started on taxes. Our preparer just finished our 2022 federal and state returns, and we are paying proportionally FAR more in taxes than virtually any billionaire or corporation. Republicans and their protection of businesses and the wealthy can get stuffed, as can the people who allow themselves to be fooled.

Debra She Who Seeks said...

Yeah, that graphic has an agenda alright.

Ole Phat Stu said...

The right (sic) side shows no debt being repaid.
How about we other countries foreclose until the US repays its debts before we lend any more?

Mike said...

Kirk - And the right-wingers will shoot themselves in the foot to prove the republican politicians right.

Bill - I guess I should get started on my taxes... naa

Stu - You know that would just penalize the middle and lower class. The upper class isn't going to feel any pain no matter how hard the Democrats try to impose even a little.

Mike said...

Deb - I got you out of spam jail. Apparently blogger has an agenda for you.

Lady M said...

US facts is owned and operated by the 8th richest man on earth. You bet he has an agenda. I found that out through a simple search.

Kathy G said...

I try to think about taxes as little as possible :-)

Mike said...

Lady - Some of the stuff he posts is true. But the hidden agenda sneaks in too often.

Kathy - That's my problem. I have to and I don't. I should be doing them now. ... maybe later ...