Wednesday, June 07, 2023

5905 - Springfield


Springfield... yeah but what state? Here's a road trip for you through all of them. There should be a badge or something you would get for doing this. 


But WAIT!

Most Common City Names in the US...

Washington. With 88 different cities and towns throughout the country named Washington, this name takes 1st place.  
Springfield. Springfield comes in 2nd place with 41 different cities and towns sharing its name.  
Franklin 
Greenville 
Bristol 
Clinton 
Fairview 
Salem


But WAIT!

Wikipedia
List of the most common U.S. place names
https://en.wikipedia.org › wiki › List_of_the_most_co...
Washington (91)
Franklin (45)
Clinton (39)
Arlington (38)
Centerville (38)
Lebanon (35)
Georgetown (35)
Springfield (35)


But WAIT!
There are too many other lists to list here and none of them match!


12 comments:

Elephant's Child said...

I wonder why they can't agree on such a simple thing.

Cloudia said...

And that's why The Simpsons live in Springfield... Always something to enjoy or think about when we visit you. Mike. Thanks

River said...

How many Springfelds is irrelevant. Which one do The Simpsons live in?

Bilbo said...

WE'RE NUMBER TWO!! WE'RE NUMBER TWO!!

Mike said...

Sue - The definition of a city or town confuses the issue.

Cloudia - I didn't know that!

River - I'll check... Oregon.

Bill - Which list?

Debra She Who Seeks said...

I think that's why "The Simpsons" chose Springfield as the place the characters live.

Kathy G said...

After reading all the comments I have The Simpson theme song stuck in my head.

Shaw Kenawe said...

I've always known that Springfield led the list.

Homer told me.

Mike said...

Deb - More small town sounding than Washington too.

Kathy - Start playing some AC/DC to get it out before it's too late!

Shaw - But like I asked Bill, which list? There are too many lists!

Rawknrobyn.blogspot.com said...

Interesting.
I wouldn't have thought Springfield would be 2nd. And then, Lebanon. Wow. Never saw a Lebanon anywhere.
Thanks, Mike.
Hang in there, friend.

Lady M said...

I have been driving round the country lately - even through your lovely state and I am amazed at how many repeated names I see.

Mike said...

Lady - When you try to find me be aware, there is more than one St. Louis.