Tuesday, May 21, 2024

6227 - Blogger problems


Blogger uses third party cookies. I've started using a browser called "Brave". Brave blocks third party cookies by default. Some of the problems I was having were the "design" link at the top of the main screen was missing, I couldn't comment on some sites, and a few other problems I can't think of right now.

So I finally found out how to allow third party cookies on specific sites as in *.blogspot.com. The actual string I had to put in was [*.]blogspot.com. In the Brave browser, it was under; settings; privacy and security; site and shield settings; content - block cookies; sites allowed to use third party cookies. That's where I added the [*.]blogspot.com. 

Everything is fixed, so far as I can tell. I can comment on everyone's blog again without having to go back to Chrome.

Other browsers may have a different way to get to allowing third party cookies.




10 comments:

Cloudia said...

Thanks Mike

Elephant's Child said...

Well done.

River said...

I have several sites that have a pop-up stating that "this site uses third party cookies", or even just regular cookies I guess and when I see that I click away. None of the blogs I regularly visit have this, the ones that did are no longer on my reading list.

Bilbo said...

Nice. My problem, though, is that I have so many cookies that I've considered asking advertisers and websites to consolidate them into loaves.

Kathy G said...

It's nice to find solutions to problems.

Mike said...

I hope this helps anyone that's having problems.

Ole Phat Stu said...

I recommend the DuckDuckGo browser, it inhibits trackers.

Susan Kane said...

This is something I am wrestling with! I will try your solution. I may be back.

Cloudia said...

LoL 😂

Mike said...

Stu - Brave blocks trackers and ads. I don't know how it compares to DDG, BUT even with Brave and DDG, they don't compare to Chrome as a search engine, unfortunately.

Susan - Whatever browser you're using should have instructions on the internet. This is all because Blogger still uses 3rd party cookies.