Monday, October 14, 2024

6312 - Cognitive impairment

From an article about cognitive impairment...

"Her findings may have wide-ranging implications for both liver disease and cognitive impairment in the aging process. Few treatments are available for conditions like fatty liver disease and liver cancer, and older adults often are not candidates for liver transplants. In the brain, the longer that increased inflammation persists, the higher the likelihood that mild cognitive impairment will turn into severe cognitive dysfunction. Complicating the outlook for both conditions is the prevalence of obesity, another significant cause of inflammation in the body."







4 comments:

Elephant's Child said...

Aargh.
Cognitive impairment scares me - and unfortunately it is a decided possibility with my chronic disease.

Lady M said...

The book "How Not to Age" by Dr. Michael Greger has changed my life. It gave me that extra push I needed to really take control of my health. I finally dropped the lingering 11 lbs of extra weight by going whole food plant based. I know I sound like a broken record but if you really want to decrease inflammation in your body, there are ways to do it through diet.

Cloudia said...

Important considerations here today! Keep blogging. Keep thinking. Keep reading, keep watching Jeopardy!

Cloudia said...

Wonderful!