Wednesday, December 23, 2009

1012 - Today

So I go to Walgreens. It must be near Christmas because I'm having trouble finding a parking spot in a usually empty parking lot. I go in to get a few things and head for the check out. Line 1 or line 2, that's the question. Line 2 has only the person checking out. Line 1 has 4 people in it. ...... Should'a got in line 1.

So I'm standing in line 2. I hear the clerk say, "I'll run it again mam". The clerk does all the credit card stuff over again. It fails for who knows how manyith time since I just got there. The customer then proceeds to complain to the clerk about how her bank does this to her all the time. (line 1 now has even more people in it) The clerk calls the manager. The customer proceeds to get her cell phone out, gets the number off the back of her credit card and calls her bank. I change to line 1.

When I get through line 1 she's still holding up line 2 talking to her bank and the manager.

So I go to Petsmart. Line 1 line 2. Hmmmmm, line 2 only has one person in it. So I'm in line 2. What's going on here? Somebody's trying to return something. A credit card return. Something won't work. Let's fill all the return slips buy hand. Why not!? Line 1 now has twice as many people in it. I wait this one out. This also took a manager to get fixed.

And NONE of this was Christmas shopping for me.

 

4 comments:

Amanda said...

LOL! These days, I just go to the self checkouts. Gotten caught by all those faulty credit cards too many times.

Bilbo said...

Don't get me started on the self checkouts...I've been stuck in those for more reasons than you can imagine. OOH...OOH!! I have a topic for today's blog post!!

vw: modrionp - a very expensive drug your insurance won't cover.

Bandit said...

Why are you going in Petsmart in the first place???????? I hope you have a cat.

Mike said...

A - I'm with Bilbo on that one. Self check outs don't like me for some reason.

B - See A

B - Hey, a 40 pound bag of food is a 40 pound bag. Get it at the cheapest place. I mean a 37.5 pound bag ...... no wait! A 34 pound bag ..... Wait, I forgot to look last time.