Monday, March 30, 2009

746 - ARGGGGG!!

Two hours of my life gone. All in the name of electronics that don't work.

When I worked for the real phone company back in the day and a new product came out, you could be sure that it had been tested with every other phone company product to make sure they were compatible. That was the good old days. Today we are the compatibility testers.

Go back to yesterday. John called me. Yes USA John. He was coming through St. Louis and was stopping at Ted Drews. Did I want to meet him there? Yes I did want to see if he was still alive, so Claudia and I met up with him. She took a picture of us to prove we were there.

When I got home the fun started. I have a new cell phone that I had not downloaded pictures from yet. (and still haven't) I set up the bluetooth connection that worked with the old phone (same manufacturer as my new phone), get a connection, click on file transfer, and .... nothing. No files come up to look at, there's nothing in the manual, there's nothing on line. Two hours later, F*&$ it! So off to the cell phone store today to get a USB cable to see if that will work. Any bets?


On a lighter note (not), if you haven't been to Uncle Jay recently, this is a good one.

.

3 comments:

bandit said...

Take all components that that the cable will be plugged into. Otherwise, you will probably be making another trip.

fiona said...

I WAS an Uncle Jay Virgin!
I love him!
Good luck with the phone...

wv- regar - regard a wee bit less

Mike said...

B - Something will still be missing. You can bet on it.

F - Your going to have a lot of Uncle Jay catching up to do. Make sure you look at Most Requested Episodes (right column)- Uncle Jay Explains Congress's "Recess".