Friday, May 01, 2009

778 - " I'm already gone " by ... some group.

And I'm not feelin' strong. Where's Scotty when you need him? Claudia and I are heading to Prague for a week. It's where both my greatgrandparents on my dad's side came from. Bohemia. That makes me a bohunk. Or a hunky. Or a honky. That's right, somebody says 'hey honky' to me, I just respond with 'what?'

But back to Scotty. I want him to beam me over there. I hate airline travel. This is going to be 20 hours of sitting in airports and crammed in airplanes. Phtttttttt to that. Maybe I can get some of that rape drug and take some so I won't remember any part of the going over and coming back.

I keep telling Claudia that my relatives probably left for a good reason and might be pissed at us for going back. She hasn't been convinced yet. I've still got a few more hours to work on that theory.

The new little digital camera I just got with the 4gigs of memory can hold, oh, maybe 5 or 6 thousand pictures. So I'll try and keep myself busy taking pictures for enough posts for ..... ever.

10 comments:

Amanda said...

OH WOW! A week in Prague. You need to sound more excited than that!! :)

The best place to do any sort of waiting is at airports. People watching heaven! And on the plane....well, ok, its the worst place to wait.

I hope you and Claudia have a fantastic time. Have a safe trip.

Bilbo said...

Have fun in Prague. Hope your Czechs don't bounce. Looking forward to the pictures.

Gilahi said...

And who knows, if you take some of that rape drug, you might get lucky. You won't remember it, but that never stopped a guy before.

Mike said...

I was reading the manual last night on the camera. I miscalculated the number of pictures it could take. On the VGA setting with 4gig of memory it's not 5 or 6 thousand. It's 24 thousand. I'm going to give it my best to fill the thing up!!! Not!

lacochran said...

"some group" would be The Eagles.

Take a good book. Or three. Bon voyage!

Mike said...

I was hoping somebody would let me know who. I know I know, not Who.

The Mistress of the Dark said...

Enjoy :) I'm a hunky too....though my great grandparents hail from Slovakia

fiona said...

Have a wonderful time darlin and try to have a beer or 20 at U Flecku!
Safe trip ;-)

fiona said...

You need to get back... I'm in "mike withdrawal" apparently there is NO medication for this condition!!!

wv- courall - cure feck all !

Mike said...

I'm at about my limit of having a "good time". We leave in about 26 hours.