Monday, December 10, 2012

2099 - John's new house

This house is just outside of Springfield Missouri. I know John lives just outside of Springfield so maybe this is his new house!

Here it is under construction....


Here's an artist rendering of the finished house...


OK, maybe this isn't John's new house. But it will be a nearby neighbor of his. Maybe when he gets invited over he'll take some of his friends with him. Maybe not.

Pensmore has it's own website. It's going to be 7200 square fe... wait, I left a zero off. It's going to be 72,000 square feet. I think they are claiming it to be the biggest single family house in the United States when it's done.

According to the website it will be energy neutral. I think I will just send you to the website to get the details on how they are going to pull that off.

11 comments:

Bilbo said...

Yes, I have always wanted to live in a Really Big House, but this is a bit much. I don't see how it could be energy neutral, because it would take so much energy to walk from one side to another that you'd be exhausted all the time.

Grand Crapaud said...

This is nothing less than amazing! It's large enough for a king or something.

Elvis Wearing a Bra on His Head said...

I'm skeptical about the energy neutrality. Very interesting, Mike.

Amanda said...

They mustn't be a very close family if they need that much space.

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

Mike - even 7200 sq ft is more than one needs really.
i imagine this has it's own weather. But energy neutral? Hmmm..

Dianne said...

I don't care how much money I had, I'd never need to show it off that way
unless he's building a hosptial or a school this is just a waste of space and resources

John A Hill said...

Part of the homes purpose is promotion. The owner is a concrete company owner that has developed a building block type of construction using prefabricated concrete blocks.

They are like giant lego pieces that make construction of large buildings quick and less expensive.

And it is just a few miles from here.

I'm With Stupid said...

I saw a story about this on KY3 out of Springfield not too long ago. That thing is gonna be HUGE!

Jay

Mike said...

Everyone - When it's done we can go sneak in and have a party in one of the wings. They won't even know we're there.

Big Sky Heidi said...

This house is a monstrosity; but I wonder about its energy efficiency.

The Mistress of the Dark said...

Wow...just wow.