Friday, May 15, 2020

4779 - Come OOOONNNNNN!


We need a new refrigerator. Our backup (soda/beer) fridge went out. So the one in the kitchen, which is over 20 years old, will become the backup, and we'll get a new one for the kitchen.

I've been looking for a few weeks now. Wednesday night I finally bit the bullet and bought one online from Costco. Yesterday I open the Costco ad on email and guess what's on sale? Yep, the fridge I just bought. $150 less.

So I call my local Costco and ask them what to do. They give me an 800 number to call. I call it, go through all the voice prompts, and get 'due to the coronavirus, we're too busy, please call back or fill out the form online'.

So I fill out the form which basically says 'we'll charge you the full price then credit you back 3 days later'. Whatever.


Then, last Friday, I was trying to buy some CBD for Claudia. I was buying online from a site I'd bought from before. Except this time it wouldn't take my credit card.

I finally called the USA number (this is a Netherlands company) and talked to the USA rep.

A. She said she wasn't sure what was wrong and I should call my Visa people.
B. I call the VISA people. They say they don't see any transactions coming through. Call the company back.
C. I call the company. She says they are having VISA problems and are routing the transaction through the Netherlands. Maybe that's a problem.
D. I call VISA back. They say if the transaction is coming from overseas it's going to get rejected because ... I can't remember why.
E. I call the company back and tell the gal what VISA said. She tells me if I can wait until Monday, VISA should be fixed. She will pass along the info about overseas transactions.
F. I went online Monday and everything worked!
G. I got the CBD yesterday. This was my second order. This jar was only half full.
H. I called the company back. No answer. Left a message.


4 comments:

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

Mike, may I suggest Charlottes Web. The company that started it all with the little girl Charlotte easing her seizures.
https://www.charlottesweb.com/
Made in the USA....you can have them automatically shipped every 30 days or however long or short you wish.
They also have an 800 number in the USA (colorado) to discuss options for your needs.

Debra She Who Seeks said...

So frustrating!

dellgirl said...

For such a frustrating experience, you related it so very calmly. Good for you!

Cloudia said...

Slapping forehead*