Sunday, August 02, 2020

4858 - Long joke Sunday


Kids get back into the classroom after playing at recess and the teacher says, “who can tell me what they did at recess?”

Sally raises her hand and says, “I played in the sandbox.” “That sounds like fun, Sally! If you can correctly spell sand, I will give you a cookie", replied the teacher.

“Sand, S.A.N.D. Sand”, said Sally with a smile.

“Correct, great job Sally, come get your cookie!” Said the teacher. “Now Robert, what did you do at recess?” Robert says, “I played in the sandbox with Sally!” “That’s neat Robert, if you can correctly spell box, I will give you a cookie.”

“Box, B.O.X. Box”, spelled Robert with confidence.

“Perfect Robert, now come receive your prize”, said the Teacher.

"Now what about you, Jaquan? What did you do at recess today?” Jaquan is crying a little bit and says, “I tried to play in the sandbox with Sally and Robert but they threw rocks at me and called me names.”

“MY GOD!”, exclaimed the teacher, “That sounds like blatant racial discrimination to me! I’ll tell you what Jaquan, if you can correctly spell “Blatant racial discrimination” I’ll give you a cookie."


8 comments:

Elephant's Child said...

Ouch.

Mike said...

EC - I know I wouldn't get a cookie.

Debra She Who Seeks said...

That's about right!

Mike said...

DSWS - Would you get a cookie?

dellgirl said...

Ummm, NOT funny! The teacher should get an official reprimand . . . talk about blatant racial discrimination!!! Why couldn't she have Jaquan spell rocks or names or ... whatever. Let me stop, I'm getting up on my "Mighty-High-Horse" here.

Wishing you all the Best . . . Stay Safe, my friend!

Mike said...

DG - Yes, it was white privilege blatant racial discrimination. The joke makes fun of the teacher. If you don't laugh you'll cry at this stuff. :)

dellgirl said...

There's another option to laughing or crying, Mike. The 3rd option is, getting pissed off! That's where I was headed before I stopped myself. Maybe because I'm BLACK...just saying!

Mike said...

DG - I know. I can feel you. Being an old white male, I'm in the crosshairs right now too. Did you see today's (Monday's) post?