Sunday, December 19, 2021

5367 - Long joke Sunday


I was testing children in my Glasgow Sunday school class to see if they understood the concept of getting into heaven.

I asked them, "If I sold my house and my
car, had a big estate sale, and gave all my
money to the church, would that get me
into heaven?"

"NO!" the children answered.

"If I cleaned the church every day, mowed
the garden and kept everything tidy, would
that get me into heaven?"

Again, the answer was 'No!'
By now I was starting to smile.

"Well, then, if I was kind to animals and
gave sweets to all the children and
loved my husband, would that get me
into heaven?"

Again, they all answered 'No!'

I was just bursting with pride for them.
I continued, "Then how can I get into heaven?"

A six-year-old boy shouted,
"Ye got tae be fookin' dead".

Kinda brings a wee tear tae yir eye...


11 comments:

Elephant's Child said...

Out of the mouths of babes and children...

Mike said...

Sue - ...comes the bare truth.

Bilbo said...

Well, he's not wrong, is he?

Debra She Who Seeks said...

Hahahahahaha, good one!

John A Hill said...

Kids!
Hahaha

Kathy G said...

Did NOT see that ending coming!

Mike said...

Bill - Not one little bit.

Deb - And a true one.

John - You've got a joke for bar church.

Kathy - I surprised you? I'm surprised!

Cloudia said...

Taking notes...

Mike said...

Cloudia - It's a path we all follow eventually.

allenwoodhaven said...

A great new joke; wonderful! Really made me laugh!

Been too busy to be online so am catching up...

Mike said...

Allen - And it's so true.