Sunday, August 21, 2022

5614 - Long joke Sunday

I would love to do something like this...


So a while ago I decided to treat myself and go to Burger King. 
I hadn't had the greatest of days and I had a headache coming on. 
It was a very long line and I was at the end of it waiting patiently. 
When behind me comes this woman yapping on her cellphone with a little monster of a child. 
This kid was out of control, screaming, punching his mother throwing around a Gameboy whenever something didn't go right in the game. 
The mother didn't seem to pay any attention to him and his continued yelling of 'I WANT A [expletive] PIE.' 
After about 5 minutes in the line with these people behind me, I had gone from a headache to a full-on migraine, but nothing was going to stop me from getting those burgers. 
I calmly turn and ask her nicely if she can please calm or quiet her child down. 
Immediately she gets up in my face telling me I can't tell her nothing about raising her child and to mind my own business. 
I nod and turn around, she's still yelling at the back of my head when the child cries out again about how he wants a pie, the mother consoles him, calling him sweetie and ensuring they'll get pies for lunch because she loves him so much. 
Things immediately go back to the way they were and I wait another 5 minutes before getting to the front of the line.
. . . 
I ordered every pie they had left in addition to my burgers. 
Turned out to be 23 pies in total. 
I take my order and walk towards the exit. 
Moments later I hear the woman yelling, "what do you mean you don't have any pies left, who bought them all? "
I turn around and see the cashier pointing me out with the woman shooting me a death glare. 
I stand there and pull out a pie and slowly start eating it as I stare back at her. 
She starts running towards me but can't get to me because of all the lines in the food court. 
I turn and slowly walk away.


22 comments:

River said...

23 pies! Dessert for a week! I've been wanting burgers for a while now but can't be bothered walking all the way to the store for them. I haven't had any in years, so the wanting will pass as it always does.

Mike said...

River - More power to you for passing on the burgers. I can't do that. They are a part of me... literally.
I don't know if the pies would last a week around our house.

Cloudia said...

I actually did something very similar to a bratty kid. I won't tell the whole story, but the best part was the kid stared at me for a minut as his eyes grew large while he decided what to do. Then he yelled MAMA loud!

Cloudia said...

I was just blamelessly eating my cookie. No one heard me tell him was the last one smugly

Mike said...

Cloudia - You cantankerous person you!

Elephant's Child said...

Smiling. A lot. I haven't had a burger (or a pie) in years.

Mike said...

Sue - It's time to change that!

Bilbo said...

I'd have thought you would have saved that joke for Pi Day.

Sandy said...

Good one. Sadly many mothers today think they're suppose to be friends with their kids instead of their parent. I hate unrurly kids, and I have more than once looked at the child and said STOP! I have a pretty good teacher stare and it often works........even though I've not been a teacher. Parents give me a look and I've been known to say "your welcome". Once I got applaus from a few other follks newby. Popped in from a mutual friends blog. It's always fun to meet new bloggers. Hope you'll swing by for a visit.

Debra She Who Seeks said...

Sweet, sweet revenge, LOL!

Adam said...

I've heard a similar joke. Brats do need a lesson

Kathy G said...

I wish more people would do this.

Mike said...

Bill - 🤦‍♂️ Well, the pies we're sort of the subplot. Sticking it to the mom and kid was the main purpose.

Sandy - I don't know if I've seen your blog before or not. I see you started in 2005. I'm running into blogs I haven't seen but have been around a long time. On your blog list, I saw Sue, Robyn, and Matt.

Adam - I'm sure there are multiple versions of this floating around. But the way this one is written makes it seem real.

Kathy - I would do it for the pies.

John A Hill said...

Brilliant!

Mike said...

John - I don't know if I could think fast enough to do this.

Mike said...

Deb - I just found you in spam jail. Very sweet revenge. I may buy a pie today.

jenny_o said...

That's a pretty good solution, actually. But I wouldn't do it - can't be bothered. And I figure having to raising a child that she's made that sassy is probably the best revenge on that mother anyhow :)

allenwoodhaven said...

Revenge is a dish best served in hot pie? Who knew?! Great story. I do love a good pie!

Kirk said...

How much did these pies cost? He didn't max out his credit card just for the sake of revenge, did he?

Mike said...

Kirk - I doubt it. Burger King pies are a dollar or two apiece. So say $1.50 times 23. About $35 plus tax. Well worth the price.

Mike said...

Allen - Pie, ummmm um!

Mike said...

Jenny - That's a good way to look at it. But I want PIE!