Monday, September 29, 2008

554 - The meeting

I was looking forward to meeting fellow blogger John. He sent his older brother instead. Just kidding John. No really.

I was going to take a picture of the infamous spot where we met - Ted Drews Frozen Custard stand. Maybe next time. But just to show you how famous it really is, while my wife and I were sitting there in the parking lot waiting, a boat load of people started walking by. I said to my wife, "I think the bus just got in and is unloading". I turned around to look and there was - A BUS! Unloading. People were getting out their cameras and taking pictures of Ted Drews. If you go to the link the picture you see is the typical picture that people take.

I guess I should have had my wife take a picture of John and me. Maybe next time. After we got done identifying the worlds problems, we assigned Bilbo to take care of them. Since Bilbo knows what they are already, that saved us the trouble of writing anything down. So that took care of politics. My wife and John then talked religion. So in our first meeting we talked about everything your not suppposed to talk about. And the world did not end. The end is coming up soon though. Unless everyone gives me $700 billion dollars and then everything will be OK. I promise.

I leave you all with this reminder. I'm 15 minutes from Ted Drews and John is 3 1/2 hours away. And come to think of it Bilbo is 12 hours away. As is Andrea. Amanda and Rima are way to far away even for dry ice to get a Ted Drews there in one piece. OK I'm done rambling now.

3 comments:

Bilbo said...

So I'm in charge of taking care of the world's problems, eh? This is not necessarily a good thing, as many of my currently-preferred solutions involve things like large nuclear weapons and firing squads. But maybe I can cool down first. We'll see. Glad that The Meeting went well and that - in the true fashion of our little virtual society - you "talked about everything you're not supposed to talk about." I'm proud of you. If I ever make it to St Louis, you can buy me that custard.

Amanda said...

I have no idea what frozen custard is. Is this the only place you can get it? Or is this a famous place to get something American?

John A Hill said...

Oh, Amanda! Come visit my blog and I'll give you the scoop! (pun intended)