Saturday, July 24, 2010

1220 - What are the odds?

Perhaps you do or don't know about the Twitter jockey contest going on right now. Twitter picked 20 people (kids) from around the country to compete against each other for the title of TJ (twitter jockey). What are the chances that I might know who one of these people are? Well here's one.


It's Lilu of Livitluvit.blogspot.com. She's a DC blogger that I visit every so often. Her stuff is more 20 something orientated but she does some good blogs. So you can imagine my surprise when I picked up a small local paper today and saw this on the front page.



This girl lives a couple of miles from me, went to the same high school my kids and wait a minute, she graduated in 2005. I call my sons girl friend (2005 grad) and 'Oh yeah I know Danielle. I voted for her on the TJ thing she's going for'.

So I have a connection to TWO of the twenty people going for the TJ spot. Aren't there like 500 gazillion twitter heads? What are the odds?

.... And after checking both of their sites for this post I found out they were both eliminated from competition. I hope it's not because 'the twitter' found out about me!

 

7 comments:

John A Hill said...

You don't know me...

Bandit said...

This has nothing to do with your post; but I just saw a picture of a tea party person carrying a sign that read: "Politicians are like diapers, they both need changing regularly for the same reason."

That's a new one for me and a good one.

Mike said...

J - John, where'd you go! John! Joooooohn!!!!!!

B - You have to get out more. That's an oldie but a goodie. It was true in 1776, it's true now, and it will be true in 2276.

Dana said...

So, you crushed the dreams of two young women ... I hope you're proud of yourself! :)

Mike said...

D - Practice makes perfect.

Danielle said...

That's crazy! I've actually heard from quite a few people that knew more than one of the TJ candidates from the 'internets'. Guess that means whatever we're doing is paying off, right? Glad you sent me your blog! Love finding locals to follow!

rachaelgking said...

Ha! That's too funny! It was a small world before the internet... now it's microscopic. ;-)