Thursday, September 23, 2010

1282 - Blogger! On TV!


Well sort of. She doesn't blog much anymore. Jelisa Castrodale. She's turned into a twithead which means I don't see that much of her anymore. Her blog is http://www.thetypingmakesmesoundbusy.com/. But she hasn't posted since April. I sort of followed her for about 2-3 years. Even emailed her and got responses. But she was trying to make it big.

TADA!!! NBC Sports. (link changed) That's right. A blogger makes it big on NBC. I've emailed this person in the past and she's emailed me back. That makes me famous by osmosis.

But what made me bring her up here? She was on Jeopardy today (I was half watching TV when Alex said "and here we have Jelisa Castrodale". It's not a name you forget.). And yesterday apparently too (when she won it all). She's all over the net (114k hits) and has been for a few years. She did stand up comedy gigs for the military (which are on youtube).

She's also a marathoner. You know, running for fun (I almost choked when I said that).


And I just found a newer personal blog for her HERE. I gotta' keep up better.

So this is the third blogger I sort of knew that has 'gained notoriety'. Two that were in the running for the Twitter jockey job. And now Jelisa. So knowing me can be good. I need to get to know me better. And I'm expecting big things from the rest of you.

9 comments:

John A Hill said...

I know you. It's never got me anything more than a Ted Drewe's sundae...which is actually a pretty good deal.

Mike said...

There are priorities in life and then there are PRIORITIES.

Bilbo said...

What was your name, again?

Mike said...

Your best friend don't forget me in your will Mike.

John A Hill said...

She appears to be a very pretty lady...and perhaps a bit devilish, too. The pic with her nose tucked into her shirt makes me think something smells bad. The look in her eye suggests...well, I think you get the idea.

wv: guouseto...?

lacochran's evil twin said...

We watched both nights. She really kicked butt the first night and made something approaching $40K! The second night she did well but just not well enough. I wouldn't have the guts to go on there, even if I had answers and could put them in the form of a question.

Raquel's World said...

Well then I will just comment here so that when I blow up you will have a lil something to sell on Ebay.
You are Welcome.

Mike said...

J - That picture must have been taken in Denmark.

LA - I missed the first show.

RW - Thanks for the thoughtfulness.

Mike said...

I changed the link to NBC Sports. The one I had there was locking up IE8 for me anyway.