Saturday, July 09, 2011

1574 - NAR

Here's a gem from Not Always Right. This is supposed to be funny. It's not. It's too true and going to get truer.


Through Joy And Sorrow, Sickness And Health Insurance
Call Center | Madison, WI, USA |
(I work for a call center for the state’s health insurance.)

Me: “Thank you for calling. How may I help you?”

Member: “Hi, I’m calling to make sure my husband’s heath insurance is active.”

Me: “Okay, do you have his ID number or social?”

Member: “Well, no. I’m not sure where his card is and I don’t know his social by heart.”

Me: “Well, is he there with you? I could get it from him.”

Member: “He is, but he can’t really talk right now. He’s having a heart attack.”

Me: “Ma’am, you need to call 911 right now, not us.”

Member: “I will. I just want to make sure he’ll be covered when they take him to the hospital!”

 

3 comments:

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

oh this is so real.
I am living it.

Mike said...

M - It's too real and too close for even more people.

Claudia said...

Yep, and this lady whose husband was having the heart attack probably votes in every election and is against universal health care, too. "Ain't that America, home of the free...little pink houses like you and me," as Mellencamp wrote and sang.